Friday 18 September 2015

Friday September 18, 2015

Good evening ladies & gentlemen,

I loved seeing everyone have fun during the golf clinic this afternoon.  Golf is such a great game that anyone can enjoy.  I hope for additional opportunities down the road for us to enjoy learning more.

I am attaching a very important message for your parents below.....

Dear Parents,

As many of you know, the public elementary teachers in Ontario have been working without a contract since August of last year. Unfortunately, contract talks with the government have recently stalled. The work-to-rule protest which the union representing all public elementary teachers started last spring, continues - and today, teachers received additional instructions regarding this protest.

I regret to inform you that as of Monday, I will no longer be allowed to update our classroom website. Instead, I will have my students record their homework/agenda items on paper.

I believe that our classroom website is so beneficial for my students.  It is my sincere hope that the government and the union resume contract talks as soon as possible, and that an agreement is reached so that we can return to business as usual.  

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

J. Carr



Please find your homework below....

Literacy - Please bring in newspaper and/or magazine articles that you find interesting and enjoyable to read.  If you don't have any, that is okay, I can provide some for you, but I would prefer you brought some in that I know you will enjoy.  (Due Monday)

Health - Please answer the following questions based on our work today in class (due Monday)

1.  How can we make sure we never harass anyone (even by accident)?
2.  What can we do to make amends if we ever do harass someone either by accident or on purpose?

History - Please complete the questions on p.4 of your packages.  You do not have the text at home for this, but you should be able to answer these questions based off the questions you answered in class.  (Due Monday)

Science - 1.1, 1.2 & vocab (Due Monday)

Science - Quiz on Tuesday

Science - 1.4 (Due Wednesday)




Have a great weekend!

Mr. Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment