Tuesday 2 September 2014

Welcome to a New School Year! (September 2, 2014)

Hello everyone!

Welcome to our class blog!  As the note which went home tonight outlines, this is where homework will be posted each night for students.  The blog will be written to the students in order to support greater independence, however parents are encouraged to read as well to provide any support needed at home. Please find below tonight's homework expectations, as well as a copy of the note which was sent home.

Grade 3 Homework
-Money for any students who want agendas can be brought in for Friday.  I will place an order with the office.  Those who ordered in June, the agendas should be coming.

-Mr. Carr's info sheet filled out and returned (due Friday if possible)

-Book of forms signed (due Friday if possible)

-It may be a good idea to bring gym clothes for tomorrow.


Grade 4 Homework
-Money for any students who want agendas can be brought in for Friday.  I will place an order with the office.  Those who ordered in June, the agendas should be coming.

-Mr. Carr's info sheet filled out and returned (due Friday if possible)

-Book of forms signed (due Friday if possible)

-It may be a good idea to bring gym clothes for tomorrow.

-Grade 4 students have lockers.  You need to coordinate with the student you are sharing with to get a lock and share the combination with Mr. Carr.



Have a great night!  It was so nice seeing everyone today!  I am excited to be your teacher this year :)


Mr. Carr





Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s),

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, as well as welcome you to another school year at Rick Hansen P.S.!  It is my hope that everyone had a tremendous summer with loved ones and are now ready for an exciting school year.  I do look forward to hopefully having the chance to meet everyone at our Meet the Teacher Night on September 25th beginning at 6:30pm, but in the mean time I believe it to be helpful to provide families with some basic information, as well as gather some info, as we begin the school year.  

Student success in the classroom can be greatly supported when parents are actively aware of what students are learning in the classroom, as well as their homework responsibilities every night.  For this reason, I will complete a homework blog each evening for students and parents to review.  It is important that students check this blog each night, even if they feel they have no homework to complete.  This promotes personal responsibility and ensures that homework is always complete.  If at all possible, I like to encourage parents to check the blog with their child nightly for the first couple weeks of class in order to ensure that both students and parents are becoming accustomed to this method of homework completion.  You can find the blog website at the bottom of this page along with the rest of my contact information.  

Attached to this note is a page which allows me to gather some information from you.  If you are comfortable, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment at your earliest convenience to complete this page and return it to the classroom with your child.  This is only meant to take a moment and provides you with the opportunity to let me know anything that you feel is important for me to be aware of.  You will notice that I have provided a section for you to provide your email if you are comfortable doing so.  The reason for this is that I often find this to be the best means of communication for quick questions, updates, etc..  It is also a great way for you to get in contact with me for similar reasons.  With this said, please know that my door is always open.  Please never hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, thoughts or updates.  I truly appreciate it when families feel comfortable to keep the lines of communication open, for it helps me provide more meaningful instruction for your child.  It also allows me to get better acquainted with the families of my students - something which I enjoy and appreciate.  I look forward to many great conversations with all of you.

I consider it a privilege to serve your family this year as your child’s teacher.  I look forward to a year full of growth and learning on multiple levels, and plan on having a lot of fun in the process!


Respectfully,



Jonathan Carr

905-841-6225


rhpscarr.blogspot.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment