Monday 5 November 2012

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to our class blog!  It is my hopes that this will be a helpful resource for parents to provide student support at home pertaining to all that we are learning in the classroom.  Students work hard while they are here at school, but it is important for parents to be aware of what they are learning so that they can provide the neccessary help at home to ensure that students are as successful as they can be.

I would like to encourage all parents to check the blog whenever you get a chance in your busy schedules.  As I will not necessarily make posts every day, it will be a tool that I will use to make sure that parents are aware of important dates and events going on in our classroom.  I will also use it as a means of providing insight in regards to specific ways that you can support your student at home.

I am extremely excited to be at Rick Hansen, and am especially thankful for the opportunity to teach your children.  The past month has allowed me to get to know each and every one of them better, and I must say that I am truly blessed to be able to have such a wonderful group of students this year.

I look forward to meeting all of you parents as well, and getting to know you, as we together work toward the common goal of supporting your children as they develop into the types of learners that will see them achieve success in the classroom this year, as well as those to come.

It is important to know that my door is always open.  If you ever have any questions or concerns please let me know.  I can be reached through email at jonathan.carr@yrdsb.edu.on.ca or you can call the school at 905-841-6225, and my extension is 316.

Respectfully,

Jonathan Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment