Friday 11 December 2015

Friday December 11, 2015

Good evening ladies & gentlemen,

Today was the due date for winter electives forms.  If you will not be participating, please have your parents either write me a note or send me an email to let me know.  We need to know numbers for who will be staying behind so that we can plan activities for students here at the school.  At the same time, if you decide to participate in Snow Valley then you can always try to get the form in late.  The sooner the better.

Please see my note below in the homework regarding the potluck.



Please find your homework below....

-Progress Report envelopes signed and returned please.  We are trying to save paper by reusing the envelopes for the entire year.

Potluck- Before I make a decision on the potluck, I would like everyone to discuss with their parents whether this is something they would like to do.  I am hesitant doing it because I know that families have a lot going on this time of year and I don't want to put another item on their to do lists.  Please come on Monday prepared to take a silent vote telling me whether this is something that your parents are okay with.  I would also like you to come with an item that they would like to contribute if they are in fact okay with it.  If we do have a potluck it will be on Thursday.  (Due Monday)

Health - Please have 3 very meaningful points to share with the class to show what you have learned for your question on healthy eating.  (Due Thursday)

History - Practice becoming an expert on your story.  Remember the discussion we had in class and how I modeled for you how to do this. (due Thursday)

History - Are your notes all up to date?  If not, make sure all the homework questions that have been assigned are complete and in your duotang.  You will have an open book test after Christmas.

French - Please get parents to sign form saying they saw the work sent home.  (Due)

Science - Make sure you are keeping up with the assignments on Mrs. Foster's outline sheet.

Food Drive - We are having a Food Drive to support those in our community who could use support.  If you would like to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated.  A reminder for our class that if you get 180 items, I will allow you to shave my head (after Christmas...I need to take family photos at Christmas :)  )

Secret Santa - Back by popular demand!  Gift limit is $5.  Please have your gifts here for Thursday December 17th.

-Please make sure you always have an age appropriate book to enjoy reading at school.


Have a great night!

Mr. Carr


jonathan.carr@yrdsb.ca

www.twitter.com/jonathanwcarr1

No comments:

Post a Comment