Wednesday 8 April 2020

Wednesday April 8, 2020

Good morning everyone,

Attention grade 2 students & parents...please scroll down to the bottom of this post to find your information.  Thanks :)


IMPORTANT UPDATE
Since online learning is new to all of us, I anticipate changes having to be made.  The following are changes that will begin today.....

1. Office Hours
The school board has told teachers to be available for 1 hour a day for office hours.  My office hours will now be from 11am - 12pm.  This reduction in office hour time will provide me more time to assess student work.  I will still be trying to answer all of your questions, but 11am - 12pm will be the time where you can expect a more immediate response.

2. Amount of Work
I believe there has been some confusion around how much time should be spent on each assignment, each day, for the various subjects.  You are not required to work on Geography, Health, Phys Ed and Science every day. This confusion is my fault, and I apologize for any frustration I have caused.  The last thing your online learning should be is frustrating or overwhelming.  So again, I apologize if I caused anyone to be frustrated or overwhelmed.  I feel badly if this was the case.  In order to address my error, I will schedule ALL the tasks you will complete each day for each subject. 

Below is one possibility of how the week might look.  As you can see, I will try to more clearly structure exactly what subjects to work on each day, and how long to work on them.  The free choice section is meant to serve as a "buffer" to help you catch up if you find you need more time on a particular lesson or task....


Monday
  1. Health (20 min)
  2. Science (30 min)
  3. Geography (30 min)
  4. French (15 min)

Tuesday
  1. Math (30 min)
  2. Literacy (45 min)
  3. French (15 min)
  4. Drama (10 min)
  5. Free choice (20 min) - assignments you need to catch up on. (Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Drama, Health, etc)

Wednesday
  1. Math (30 min)
  2. Literacy (45 min)
  3. French (15 min)
  4. Free choice (30 min) -  assignments you need to catch up on. (Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Drama, Health etc)

Thursday
  1. Math (30 min)
  2. Literacy (45 min)
  3. French (15 min)
  4. Free choice (30 min) -  assignments you need to catch up on. (Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Drama, Health etc)

Friday
  1. Literacy (45 min)
  2. French (15 min)
  3. Free Choice (1 hour) -  assignments you need to catch up on. (Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Drama, Health, etc)



Today's Assignments 

Literacy 
- Please complete Reading Lesson #3 - Types of Texts (Brochures)
- This task should take approximately 1 hour to complete.
- This task is on Google Classroom.  

Math
- No math assignment for today.

French
- Please complete task for Mme Murgan.
-This should take 15 minutes to complete.

Geography
- Please use the last 45 minutes to work on the Chapter 7 - Climate Task.  I believe most of you are probably complete this by now since it was started before March Break and we had class time to work on it.
- Due Tuesday.




Any Questions?
- It is very important that you ask questions while you complete your assignments!
- Please write any questions that you have in the document found in the links below.  If you have a private question, you can email me at jonathan.carr@yrdsb.ca








Grade 2 - Science, Health, Drama
Hello parents & students.  From now on, I will post all assignments on Google Classroom.  I will also post the assignments on this blog page.

The assignments that I provide should only take about 10 minutes.  The reason for this is to ensure that the focus for students is on Literacy & Math instruction, and to ensure that they are not getting overloaded with work.

The Google Classroom code is lrxnl6n .

Here is a video that Mrs. Ford created to help explain how to use Google Classroom.

Please feel free to email me at any time with questions, or if there are any struggles or concerns.  My office hours are 11am - 12pm, Monday thru Friday.  My office hours will be the time that I can be most easily reached, but feel free to contact me any time.



Have a great day,

Jonathan Carr
jonathan.carr@yrdsb.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment